Yup another brisket recipe, told you I love brisket.
I usually don’t like the texture of meat cooked in a crock pot it always seems on the dry side to me. I think this is just personal preference. This recipe came out good and when topped with my BBQ sauce it was very tasty. I had this sliced and pulled on a bun. It’s a very easy recipe to throw in the slow cooker walk away and get very hungry every time you enter the room.
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cooking Brisket
- 1 1/2 pounds beef brisket
- Barbeque Sauce: see my Texas-Style BBQ Sauce
- 3/4 cup barbeque sauce
- 1/4 cup water (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1/2 onion, sliced into rings
- Mix paprika, pepper, salt, brown sugar, chili powder, and cumin together in a bowl; rub evenly over the surface of the brisket. Put brisket in a large, resealable plastic bag; refrigerate 30 minutes to overnight.
- Stir barbeque sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke together in the bottom of a slow cooker. Lay brisket into the sauce mixture. Arrange onions atop the brisket.
- Cook on Low until brisket is very tender, 6 to 7 hours. Scrap the fat cap off with spatula or knife. Rest brisket 10 minutes before slicing or shredding; serve with sauce.