Thanks to Kelli McGrane, RD
This spiced apple baked oatmeal is the ultimate cozy breakfast that’s simple to make and perfect for meal prep.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time55 mins
Keyword: Apple Baked Oatmeal Recipe, Healthy Baked Oatmeal
- 2 medium apples diced
- 2 cups rolled oats certified gluten-free if needed
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 egg lightly whisked
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Toppings of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and set out an 8-in x 8-in baking pan.
- Place diced apples in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together oats, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt. Once mixed, whisk in the almond milk, egg, maple syrup, and melted butter.
- Stir in the microwaved apples and slivered almonds. And then pour the mixture into the baking pan.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the top of the oatmeal is set and it doesn’t jiggle when you lightly shake it. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes before slicing. The longer you let it sit, the less it’ll fall apart when you remove it from the pan. Cut into 6 pieces and enjoy with toppings of choice!