- ¾ cup hard apple cider
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice (about ½ orange)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar (used our 18 year old)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Bring cider, juice and honey to a boil in a small saucepan.
Cook 10 minutes or until reduced to about 2 tablespoons.
Pour into a medium bowl and let cool slightly. Add shallots, vinegar, Dijon salt and pepper stir with a whisk. Gradually add the olive oil stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Simple Balsamic Vinaigrette (stevesacooking.com)
Pingback: Endive, Radicchio, Fennel, and Watercress Salad | Gourmet Dad, Don’t Let The Title Fool You