Lyn got a new toy and I have to say at first I figured it was going to be one on those use a couple of times and put on the top shelf. Well I kind of like it and have cooked a few things here is the 3rd thing we tried in our new Instant Pot.
Oh, I found a great cooking time chart: http://instantpot.com/cooking-time/ of course depending on the weight the times might be slightly different. Below called for 20 minutes but I had ½ pound more so I added a couple of minutes.(just a guess)
Anyway this was great as was pretty much everything else I made will post later.
- 2.5 pound Center Cut Pork Loin – more of a center cut pork loin raost
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup Hard Cider (can use regualr cider if you want)
- 1 Medium onion, sliced
- 2 Apples, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Minced dry onion
- Season the pork loin with salt, pepper and minced dry onions.
- Place the inner pot in the cooker. Place the olive oil in the inner pot. Press Sautee button sear the pork loin on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- Sauté the onions.
- Add the remaining ingredients and the pork loin.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, lock the lid and switch the pressure release valve to closed.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Press the meat button and then TIME ADJUSTMENT to 22 minutes.
- Once the timer reaches 0, the cooker will automatically switch to KEEP WARM. Press the CANCEL Button. Switch the pressure release valve to open. When the steam is completely released, remove the lid.
- I placed the fat side up under broiler to crisp the fat a little, ended up cutting the fat off it was a big chunk.
- Let’s Eat!
Instant Pot is the latest 3rd Generation Programmable Pressure Cooker designed by Canadians with the objectives of being Safe, Convenient and Dependable. It speeds up cooking by 2~6 times using up to 70% less energy, and, above all, produces nutritious healthy food in a convenient and consistent fashion.
If you live a fast-paced, health-oriented and green-conscious life style, Instant Pot is designed specifically for you.
With multiple sensors and a micro-processor, Instant Pot is an intelligent multi-cooker, capable of completely replacing pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker/porridge maker, sauté/browning pan, steamer, yogurt maker and stockpot warmer. Most importantly, Instant Pot cooks meals faster with less energy while preserving more nutrients.
Instant Pot is manufactured by the No.1 electric pressure cooker factory which has produced over 50 million units already in household use worldwide. The benefits of Instant Pot can be summarized in five aspects.
- Convenient: 12 turn-key function keys for the most common cooking tasks. Planning the meal with delayed cooking up to 24 hours, reducing cooking time by up to 70%. Read about the convenience of electric pressure cooker …
- Cooking healthy, nutritious and tasty meals: smart programming for delicious healthy food, consistent every time.Read more on making healthy meals with electric pressure cooker …
- Clean & Pleasant: absolutely quiet, no steam, no smell, no spills, no excessive heat in the kitchen. 6-in-1 capability reduces clutter in the kitchen. Read more about why electric pressure cooker keeps your kitchen clean and pleasant …
- Energy efficient: saves up to 70% of energy. Find out how electric pressure cooker does it …
- Absolutely safe and dependable: Instant Pot is UL/ULC certified and has 10 fool-proof safety protections. Read more about electric pressure safety protections …