Juicy honey garlic pork chops with caramelized edges ready and on your table in less than 15 minutes! smothered in the best 4-ingredient sauce!
I had some center cut pork chops from ButcherBox and I was wondering what to do with it. Maria had given us some Mike Hot Honey so I though honey mustard but after checking out a few recipes on line I decide to modify this one from Café Delites. I only had two chops so I split them in half. I think next time I won’t cut in half. Anyway this was pretty darn good.
This Honey Garlic Pork Chops Recipe is so easy you won’t believe it when it’s done! No marinating needed, this recipe is an incredibly quick and delicious way to serve bone in or boneless pork chops — seared until golden then simmered and broiled (or grilled) in the most amazing honey garlic sauce!
- 4 pork chops bone in or out
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup honey Steve Note: I used Mike’s Hot Honey
- 1/4 cup water (or chicken broth)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar, or any white vinegar)
- Preheat oven broiler (or grill) on medium-high heat. Season chops with salt, pepper and garlic powder just before cooking.
- Heat oil in a pan or skillet over medium high heat until hot. Sear chops on both sides until golden and cooked through (about 4-5 minutes each side). Transfer to a plate; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Melt butter in the same pan, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Sauté garlic until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add the honey, water and vinegar. Increase heat to medium-high and continue to cook until the sauce reduces down and thickens slightly (about 3-4 minutes), while stirring occasionally.
- Add pork back into the pan, baste generously with the sauce and broil/grill for 1-2 minutes, or until edges are slightly charred.
- Garnish with parsley and serve over vegetables, rice, pasta or with a salad.
Baked Pork Chops:
- Preheat oven to 390°F | 200°C.
- Sear seasoned chops in a hot oven-proof pan or skillet over medium-high for 2 minutes per side — get them crisp.
- Remove chops and make your sauce following the recipe above (Step 3).
- Baste with sauce and bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until reaching your desired doneness.
- Broil/grill for 2 minutes to get those caramelized edges!
If your interested in great grass fed beef plus chicken, pork seafood and more check it out.