This is another on my own recipes since Lyn was doing a fast and does not enjoy a simple meatloaf. She prefers these recipe Martha Stewarts Mom’s, Triple Play Meatloaf (gluten free) Spicy Southwestern Meatloaf Minis, there are some others but that’s enough for now. Anyway, I threw this together and enjoyed with some roasted white cabbage that Misfits sent.
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef .
- 1 clove garlic or substitute 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder.
- 1 small red onion Note: any onion will do.
- 1/2 cup of Italian flavored breadcrumbs Note: about 2 slices of bread with crust.
- ¼ cup goat milk. Note: cow milk will do Lyn was on a non dairy kick.
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce.
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves. Note: If you are going to use fresh then 1 teaspoon chopped fresh.
- ¼ teaspoon salt.
- ¼ teaspoon ground mustard.
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- 1 large egg.
- 1/3 cup ketchup. Note: chili sauce or barbecue sauce good sub.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, break up the beef into small pieces, using a fork or spoon.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Peel the onion, and chop enough of the onion into small pieces to measure 3 tablespoons.
- Wrap remaining piece of onion, and refrigerate for another use.
- Add the garlic and onion to the beef.
- Add breadcrumbs to beef mixture.
- Add the goat milk, Worcestershire sauce, sage, salt, mustard, pepper and egg to the beef mixture. Mix with a fork, large spoon or your hands until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Place the beef mixture in an ungreased baking sheet pan.
- Shape into approximately 8×4-inch loaf on the sheet pan, then spread the ketchup over the top.
- Bake uncovered 50 to 60 minutes until meat and juices are no longer pink or until a meat thermometer inserted in the center of the loaf reads 160°F and center of loaf is no longer pink*. Let the loaf stand 5 minutes so it will be easier to remove from the pan. Remove loaf from pan and cut into slices.
Roasted White Cabbage
The cabbage come out sweet and tender and is actually very good for you 9 Impressive Health Benefits of Cabbage
- 1 small head of cabbage cut into 8 wedges
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Brush both sides of each cabbage wedge with olive oil. Sprinkle garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper over each wedge. Arrange wedges on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes; flip cabbage and continue roasting until browned and charred in some areas, about 15 minutes more. Squeeze lemon over each wedge.