- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 1/4 lbs. raw lean ground turkey (7% fat or less)
- 3/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup seeded and finely chopped jalapeño peppers
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)- I used one real egg
- 1/4 cup frozen sweet corn kernels, thawed
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp. ketchup
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
- Optional toppings: salsa, fat-free or light sour cream, hot sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 10 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups, or spray them with nonstick spray.
Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Cook and stir bell pepper and onion until softened and lightly browned, 5 – 7 minutes.
Transfer cooked veggies to a large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients except ketchup and cheese. Mix thoroughly.
Evenly distribute mixture among the 10 lined or sprayed cups of the muffin pan. Evenly top with ketchup, about 1 tsp. each. Bake until firm and cooked through with lightly browned edges, about 35 minutes.
Sprinkle meatloaves with cheese. Bake until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.