Up front this would work better with bone in, and fresh rosemary but you have to do with what you have because running out to the grocery store to pick up one or two things thing is a tough decision these days, especially for seniors.
This week has been a pork week from sausage patties with our breakfast for supper last night to tonight’s 30 Minute Pork Piccata. See ther is the What’s for syndrom and its only 9:30 AM.
I had two boneless pork chops in the freezer from Butcher Box and since our last anniversary in Maine where I had Brined pork chop and have been playing with this to duplicate. Came close but not there yet. Anyway
I tried this with what I had, I should have cut the chops in half to make thinner but it still came out Ok. This is definitely a work in progress for me and can’t wait for my herb garden to start to flourish.
- 4 Bone-In Pork Chops, About 1/2 Inch Thick
- 1/2 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive OIl
- 2 Tablespoons Juniper Berries
- 1 Tablespoon Black Peppercorns
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Rosemary Note: I had to use dried so I heated in oil first, fresh would be so much better
- Sea Salt
- Use the back of a knife to crush the juniper berries and peppercorns.
- In a heavy skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat along with the juniper berries, rosemary, and peppercorns until lightly smoking, then fry the chops for turning every minute, until no longer pink. 5-6 minutes estimated time.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, and serve immediately.
BTW left over made great pork rollup for Lunch the next day.