A normal thanksgiving a day recipe for us is Crispy Brussels Sprouts but this year Lyn showed me a recipe that looked pretty good and was receive well at the table.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved, slice the sprouts as thin as possible. I used the food processor to slice the sprouts to speed things up
- 3 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries
Whisk lemon juice, mustard, shallot, garlic and ½ teaspoon salt together in large bowl. Slowly whisk in oil until incorporated. Toss Brussels sprouts with vinaigrette, and let sit for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours. Fold in Gouda, pecans, and cherries. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Crispy Brussels Sprouts (Stevesacooking.com)