There are only two of us to I cut the recipe in half and if you know me you know I love that 18 year old balsamic vinegar. All I can say is Yum as a meal or side dish
Yield: 4 main dish servings (6 as a side)
Prep Time: 20 min
- Two 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 2/3 cup chopped bell pepper (mix red/yellow/orange)
- 3/4 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 12 kalamata olives, sliced in half
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar – I used 18 year old balsamic Vinegar, cause I love the stuff
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large bowl, toss together the salad ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss. Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle juices on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
*Use good quality canned chickpeas for this recipe (not generic). I really think it makes a difference in the flavor of the salad.
*If you are preparing this recipe as gluten-free, be sure to use a brand of chickpeas that is known to be GF.
Source: RecipeGirl.com (adapted from The New York Times)