This is an adapted Hungry Girl recipe kind of reminded me of my mashed potato topped mini meatloaves or Spicy Southwest Meatloaf Minis
- 5 cups chopped spinach
- 1 lb. raw ground turkey
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup (about 2 large) egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute you can use whole egg if you want to.
- 2 tbsp. panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2/3 cup goat cheese
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce (I used some pasta sauce that Lyn had made)
- Optional topping: chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- We used muffin top cupcake pan.
- Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Cook spinach until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer spinach to a large bowl, and blot away excess moisture. Add beef, onion, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic, Italian seasoning, 1/2 tsp. salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Evenly distribute mixture among the muffin cups, and smooth out the tops.
- Form a hole in each meatloaf, and evenly fill with goat cheese.
- Top with marinara.
- Bake until firm with lightly browned edges, about 30 minutes.