I had some red cabbage from Misfits and wanted to do something different I found this refreshing idea.
Our cilantro was starting to go to seed thanks to the 5 day heat wave so this worked perfectly.
But I did add some apple cider vinegar it jsut needed something to kick it up a notch.
- ½ head red cabbage, cored and finely shredded
- 1 large carrot, cut into fine julienne
- ¼ cup (60 mL) chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- ½ tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- My optional 1 to 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Added a little kick in my opinion
- In a salad bowl, toss together cabbage, carrots, cilantro, and green onions. In a small bowl, whisk together remainder of ingredients to make a light dressing. Toss cabbage mixture with dressing. Taste and adjust seasonings.