Hi I found these tidbits while surfing today do you know any others? Add to comments!Did you know?
Lemon juice has been very useful in solving various digestion related problems. When mixed with warm water, it can give relief from heartburn, nausea, bloating, belching and parasites. Regular intake of lemon juice can take care of constipation problem, by clearing the accumulated bowels. Lemon is also helpful for the liver as it helps the liver in producing more bile, which can in turn speed up the process of digestion.
When Life Gives You Lemons … Some Lemony Tips to Use
- A room temperature lemon will yield more juice than a cold one.
- Fresh lemon juice can be frozen in ice cube trays and saved for later use.
- Meat can be tenderized by marinating it in lemon juice.
- Put lemon wedges inside a chicken and bake for a tasty meal.
- Squeezing lemon juice on steaming vegetables will keep the colors bright.
- When using the lemon peel, such as for lemon zest, wash it thoroughly first.
- Lemons can be kept in a refrigerator crisper for about four weeks.
- Lemons with green tinges will be more sour, as they haven’t fully ripened yet.
- Did you know that one lemon tree can grow 3,000 lemons in one year?
The Meyer lemon, is a citrus fruit native to China thought to be a cross between a true lemon and either a mandarin or common orange. The Meyer Lemon is a favorite of chefs and gourmets. It is slightly sweeter than the classic commercial varieties (Eureka and Lisbon). Its soft skin develops an orange hue when fruit is fully ripe, and its distinctive, mystical flavor combines lemon with a hint of tangerine. It is easy to grow, compact, and notoriously prolific in its blooming and fruiting. The tree often flowers twice a year, such that both fruit and flowers can be present all year long. What’s more, it does not need a lot of heat to ripen the fruit. Check this out The Best Damn Lemon Cake