Frittatas – so much you can do with them and I like to cut up left overs into single servings so I can pop out of the Freezer and into the microwave for a quick meal.
You need a 10” oven proof nonstick skillet and a little time.
- medium potato cute into ½ inch cubes
- 6 large eggs
- 5 Egg whites – I used packaged
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt divided in two
- 1 egg plant or 2 small Italian eggplants – cube in ½ inch pieces
- 2 plum tomatoes cube in 1/2″ inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini cube in ½ inch pieces
- 2-3 tablespoons slice black olives
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Small handful of grated pizza cheese – or cheddar
- About 1 tablespoon or less of olive oil
Preheat oven to 350
In a steamer cook the potatoes about 5-7 minutes until fork tender
Meanwhile in blender combine eggs, tarragon, pepper, half the salt – Using the blender made a fluffier airier frittata.
In a large nonstick oven proof skillet heat oil over medium heat
Add zucchini cook about 2 minutes until it begins to soften
Add eggplant and the remaining salt cook about 3 minutes
Add the tomatoes and olives stir to combine cover and cook about 3 minutes until the eggplant is mostly tender and the tomatoes have given some liquid.
Add potatoes and toss to combine
Add the egg mixture (I gave it a very short quick pulse to combine again) and cook about 2 minutes or until the edges start to set.
sprinkle with cheeses
Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the frittata is set, puffed and browned.
Let set for 3-4 minutes before serving