I love veggies and roasting them is just another way to appreciate them. They make a great side dish and then for leftovers in a frittata or as a salad topper. I usually use spices that I am using in the main dish to bring the two together.
I can’t say what to sue there are so many and most will roast up nicely so experiment away. If you find something that just is great roasted let me know.
Ingredients you’re eyeballing here and you will put more of what you like and according to how many people.
- 1- Small to medium eggplant pealed on not cut into slightly large than bite size.
- 3-6 – Green, red, yellow or orange bell pepper quartered or more depending on the size. Also seeded and white web removed.
- 2-3 – Red or sweet onion quartered
- ½ head of broccoli flowerets or 1 pound of asparagus cut up slightly larger than bite size pieces
- 3-5 Carrots
- 6-15 Whole mushrooms stems removed
- 10-15 fingerlings potatoes or small red potatoes (If too large just cut in half.)
- 2-3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp. each Dried oregano, basil and rosemary. (Remember use what you used in main meal to bring the flavor together).
- 1 lemon (optional)
Again the choices are many it’s up to you.
Preheat oven to 350 to 400°
Place the vegetables in a roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle on the herbs, mixed well making sure the herbs get distributed evenly. Now roast for 40-55 minutes. I know it is large span in cooking times but it all depends on what you’re roasting. For my wife the pepper head a few twist of the pepper mill before serving.