I went out to pick what might be to be the last batch of ripe tomatoes. Last year I had 5 pounds of Green tomatoes and made green tomato salsa. This year maybe a pound left still on the vine. What’s that saying what a difference a day makes well in this case a year. So back to Lyn, do you think we could make this? I jump on it and she helped a little but soon had disappeared to go shopping and what not. Did not bother me I in heaven in a kitchen.
Oh one thought I prefer a thicker chili so next time i might add some flour as last stage of sauteing the onions or maybe when I add the spices not sure any thoughts?
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 2 Tbsp Cummin
- 2-3 Tsp Cayenne Pepper Powder – IF you like it really spicy use this amount.
- 2-3 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1-2 Bay leafs
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 3 stalks of celery diced
- 2 medium red bell peppers diced
- 2 lbs of tomatoes
- 1 cup of sweet corn
- 1 can of beans your choice – I used black
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 tsp salt
- With food processor, crush the tomatoes and set aside
- Turn instant pot to saute and add Oil
- when it is hot add onion saute until translucent.
- add the garlic stir until you smell it
- Add celery, carrots, corn and bell pepper stir
- Add all spices and stir
- Maybe flour at this point what do you think?
- Add crushed tomatoes and broth and stir
- seal the instant pot and push the chili button.
- I let it naturally cool rather than release the pressure when done.
- remember to remove the bay leaves.