I ask you, what else can you make ahead?
We are doing whole berry cranberry sauce also.
After Tday I will post more pictures
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups canned chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup apple juice or cider
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 teaspoon Gravy Master
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons turkey drippings Add at end after you cook turkey and reheat gravy
1 day ahead: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in 3 tablespoons chicken broth for 4 minutes. Add flour and stir 1 minute. Slowly add the rest of the broth, stirring constantly. Add apple juice, lemon juice, evaporated milk, Gravy Master, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, until thickened slightly. Remove from the heat and place in a blender. Pulses 30 seconds on liquefy. Place in a covered container and refrigerate.
Next Day: Half an hour before serving, place gravy in a saucepan over low heat. Whisk in 3 tablespoons turkey drippings and simmer on low, stirring occasionally, until serving.
- Buttermilk-Marinated 1/2 Turkey with Caramelized Onion Gravy – Trial Run (stevesacooking.com)
Pingback: Thanksgiving Turkey with Maple Syrup and Crispy Bacon Glaze. « Gourmet Dad, Don’t Let The Title Fool You
Pingback: Brown Sugar Basting Glaze – Turkey | Gourmet Dad, Don’t Let The Title Fool You