Cranberry sauce is something we love and every year we try another recipe this year a repeat, one we tried way back in 2002 from YankeeMagazine recipe and liked. With our own twist of course.
Yield: 18-20 servings
This tangy cranberry compote is a great way to refresh your taste buds mid-meal.
- 1 cup dried cranberries (you can substitute raisins)
- 1 12-ounce package cranberries
- 1 cup maple syrup (or sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- Garnish: orange zest
In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine all ingredients. Cover mixture and cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool in pan. Transfer to a glass jar with an airtight lid, cover, and refrigerate. When ready to serve, pour compote into a serving dish and garnish with orange zest.