Comfort foods are a good thing they make you feel warm inside especially on a snowy. I have to nick name this one as “hide it from me” or maybe “step away from the bread” it was so good that “Gone in 60 seconds” would work for a name also. I think you get the idea I kind of like this one. As we munched we started naming things that might go good with this, almond flour, pistachios, maybe orange rind….
- full cup of grated zucchini (from about 1 medium zucchini)
- 1 1/4 cup – cup for cup gluten-free flour blend
- If does not included xanthan gum in flour then add ¾ teaspoon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil (or other light oil)
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1/4 cup lactose free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped or pecans
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray standard 9-inch loaf pan and set aside.
Place the shredded zucchini into some paper towels and gently squeeze out any moisture. Fluff the zucchini with a fork and set aside.
Put the all-purpose gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl and whisk to blend
In another large bowl add the brown sugar, canola oil, eggs, yogurt, lemon juice and pecans. Whisk thoroughly until smooth.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and beat until combined. Fold in the grated zucchini and the nuts.
- Reserve just a little zucchini to sprinkle over the tops of the loaves
Pour into the pan, sprinkle over the reserved zucchini
Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean.
Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then carefully turn out to
cool completely on a rack.
We could not wait for the completely cool part. Tip if you want skinny slices wait until completely cool.