Adapted by Lyn from Cooking Light Jackie Plant
We enjoy a good Quiche every once in a while and this one turned out great. Lyn grabbed some roasted vegetables and added to this but topping off with some freshly roasted red bell pepper to me was one of the best tastes to this make it again dish. Lyn likes her cauliflower cake better and someday I’ll be there when she makes it so I too .
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, chilled – Lyn used red quinoa thought it would look better
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- large egg, beaten
- Cooking spray
- teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- (5-ounce) bag baby spinach
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 large eggs
- large egg whites
- 1.5 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Some chopped leftover oven roasted vegetable
1. For the crust, preheat oven to 375°.
2. Combine quinoa, pepper, and egg in a bowl, stirring well. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes; cool.
3. For the filling, heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil and onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add spinach; sauté 3 minutes. Remove from heat; cool.
4. Combine milk and next 5 ingredients in a bowl; stir with a whisk. Arrange spinach mixture in crust; pour egg mixture over spinach. Sprinkle with feta. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes; cut into 4 wedges.