I’m not sure where Lyn was but she must have had other plans because I will generally whip something like this up if cooking for myself. This is a cook from the gut and largely depends on what in the frig. I like the addition of honey gave it a sweeter taste. Sorry my picture did not come out that great, probably did not have my glasses on, but the taste made up for it. Remember cooking is a lot of tweaking to your tastes as well as what you have on hand.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch cubes
- Optional: flour or cornstarch
- Coat or dredge chicken pieces
- Cornstarch is for gluten free
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs olive oil divided (1 Tbs)
- 1 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cups asparagus
- 1/2 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- I only had red bell pepper but would be nice with yellow and green mix.
- Handful of raw or roasted cashews
- Handful of sesame seeds
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced
- Optional depends on what you have in frig for veggies, i.e. carrots, broccoli florets etc.
- Note: remember you want everything to be bite size
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Stir Fry Sauce
In a medium size bowl, whisk together corn starch and water. Add remaining ingredients (chicken broth, soy sauce, honey, and toasted sesame oil, red pepper flakes) and whisk to combine. Set aside.
Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet or wok and heat over medium high heat.
Add chicken floured or not (in batches if necessary) and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from skillet.
Reduce heat to medium and add remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet.
Add broccoli, bell pepper, and asparagus and cook, stirring occasionally, just until crisp tender. Add ginger and garlic and cook for an additional minute or until you smell the garlic.
Add chicken back into the skillet and stir to combine.
Whisk stir fry sauce and pour over chicken and vegetables and stir gently to combine.
Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, stir in cashew and let boil for one minute or thickness you like.
When done top with sesame seeds.
Serve with rice if desired.