Lyn came over a little while ago and said do you think…. We use Misfit Market for our veggies, well for most. They now allow you to choose which you want rather than the surprise package both have their benefits. Coming up with recipes for stuff you normally would not get and now especially these days ordering stuff you really need. Well last week we choose to get some collard greens which Lyn likes to use as wraps but I challenged her to find something different. After making what she came up with this morning I can’t wait until lunch.
- 1 bunch collard greens, stems removed and shredded (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup thinly sliced radish
- I made sticks instead of slices
- 1⁄2 cup matchstick carrot
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 In a large bowl, combine greens, radish, carrot, and shallot. Set aside.
- 2 In a small saucepan, stir together vinegar, sugar, canola oil, celery seeds, salt, mustard, and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat. Pour over collard mixture, stirring to combine.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. Store, covered, in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
From: taste of the south https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/