Another Lyn find and this one gets two heads bobbing in agreement.
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1tablespoon sugar Note: I used brown sugar for rub
- 1(3 1/2 lb) boneless center cut pork loin roast
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 10 slices bacon
- 20 ounces frozen peaches, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (3 cups)
- 1 cup dry white wine or I used Cooking Wine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3cup cider vinegar
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme Note: my thyme was covered by a foot of snow so I used dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- Combine 4 teaspoons salt and sugar in bowl. (Note: I will cut salt in half next time) Remove fat cap and silverskin from roast. Rub roast with salt-sugar mixture, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Bring peaches, 1 cup wine, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup vinegar, thyme sprigs, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to simmer in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook at strong simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 2 cups and spatula leaves trail when dragged through sauce, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat and discard thyme sprigs. Reserve 2 tablespoons of liquid portion of sauce (without peach segments) in small bowl for glazing. Cover and set aside remaining sauce. Note: I forgot to chop up the peaches so I took scissors to them in the pot then after a little cooking time I took a wide slotted potato masher to them that worked well.
- Meanwhile, adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 250 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with vegetable oil spray. Unwrap roast and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with herbes de Provence and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Arrange bacon slices on cutting board parallel to counter’s edge, overlapping them slightly to match length of roast. Place roast in center of bacon, perpendicular to slices. Bring ends of bacon up and around sides of roast, overlapping ends of slices as needed.
- Place bacon-wrapped roast, seam side down, in center of prepared sheet. Roast until center of pork registers 90 degrees, 30 – 40 minutes. Remove roast from oven and increase oven temperature to 475 degrees.
- Brush top and sides of roast with reserved 2 tablespoons sauce. Once oven reaches temperature, return pork to oven and roast until bacon is well browned and meat registers 130 degrees, 15 – 20 minutes longer. Transfer roast to wire rack and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Stir mustard into sauce and rewarm over low heat. Transfer roast to carving board and cut into 1/2 inch-thick slices. Serve with peach sauce.
Pingback: Bacon-Wrapped Pork Roast With Peach Sauce — Gourmet Dad, Don’t Let The Title Fool You | My Meals are on Wheels