Still on the fend for myself diet, but I am proud of Lyn she is sticking to her strict diet the woman has will power. After all she has to avoid my cooking most of the time that is hard to do. So I am taking advantage of this whenever I can and trying to stay eating healthy. I think everyone likes TexMex inspired meals so when I saw this on Pinterest I grabbed it and decided to make it as healthy as I could so white turkey breast, organic black beans and corn but I refused to use low-fat cheese it just does not melt right ya know what I mean? BTW she was right this was a great meal.
Anyway after making this I believe adding fresh chopped cilantro to the mixture after cooking just before spreading it in the baking dish would add a nice addition.
I just copied her recipe below except I used turkey.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 8 (8 inch) soft corn or flour tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- sliced black olives for topping
- low-fat sour cream for topping
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 Tablespoons of the olive oil to the skillet.
3. Add ground turkey and season with chili powder and cumin. Brown the meat (about 5 minutes).
4. Add taco sauce, black beans and corn. Heat the mixture through then season with salt to taste.
5. Coat a shallow baking dish with remaining Tablespoon of olive oil.
6. Cut the tortillas in quarters for easy layering.
7. Start with a layer of the meat mixture, then layer with tortillas and then cheese.Repeat for a second layer, ending with cheese.
8. Bake lasagna 12 to 15 minutes until cheese is slightly browned.
9. Remove from oven, top with sliced black olives and serve.