This is a two heads bobbing approval from Lyn and Steve
Lyn says it’s like a Big Mac but good for you. Now remember we have not had a Big Mac in years so can only go by what our memory says they taste like but she was very close in her description. You just have to try this even if you hate the thought of a turkey burger.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
A taste of Vietnam in an American favorite. Serve with grilled corn and peppers for a marvelous meal.
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 cup(s) packaged coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots) I used broccoli and carrots coleslaw mix.
- 1/4 cup(s) English cucumber(s), julienned or sliced super thin
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, or to taste
- Added some seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 pound(s) uncooked 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, fresh, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. ginger root, grated or finely chopped
- 1-2 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), finely chopped
- 4 tsp. reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. chili sauce, sweet variety
- 4 muffin(s) light English muffin, toasted I used a whole wheat organic hamburger bun for mine Lyn likes the English muffins.
Coat a large griddle, outdoor grill rack or stove top grill pan with cooking spray; preheat to medium-high.
I used a Panini grill it cut the cooking time in half
In a medium bowl, combine slaw mix, cucumber, lime juice and salt; toss to coat and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine turkey, cilantro, soy sauce, ginger and garlic; divide mixture into four balls and then gently press each one into a 4-inch patty.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and chili sauce.
Grill or broil patties until internal temperature of burgers reaches 165°F, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Spread half of each English muffin with 1 1/4 teaspoon chili-mayonnaise; top with a burger, a scant 1/3 cup slaw mixture and a muffin top.
Yields 1 burger per serving.
The slaw that tops these burgers is quite basic. For added flavor, add some seasoned rice wine vinegar, minced cilantro, hot chili oil or hot sauce
Other recipes from stevesacooking