The simplest of all salad dressings is a drizzle of Greek extra virgin olive oil and wedges of lemon on the side – squeeze to taste. For salads with feta cheese like the Greek Salad, I recommend straight olive oil (with a little water). For salads with cucumber, I like oil and vinegar.
For 1 cup of dressing:
- 3/4 cup of Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of good quality red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of crushed Greek oregano
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- a pinch of pepper.
Whisk together in a bowl, or place in a tightly covered jar and shake to combine. The dressing will turn a light color with a creamy texture as the oil and vinegar combine.
Tip Add Dill: add 1 teaspoon of dried dill to the dressing nice touch!
- Greek Salad Pita (katietheskinnychef.com)
- Yiayia’s Greek Salad Dressing (kouzounaskitchen.com)
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad (lesliewoodwardwellness.wordpress.com)
- What the heck is a Greek Salad anyway? (lifefoodandstuff.wordpress.com)
Reblogged this on Resilience Coaching.