I already express my delight with the official start of Avocado season and in celebration I will try to use avocado in at least one meal a day until the 5 I bought are gone. Anyway last night I had a burger and Lyn took a look at it and said that’s a California burger. I don’t care what you call it, it sure was tasty.
- 1 ground sirloin patty
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 3 grape cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 piece of ROMAIN lettuce
- Some cheese
- 1 all natural organic bun
Cook the burger to your doneness, melt cheese on top
Arrange the lettuce, tomatoes and avocado on top.
Important note: you can pile up the avocado
You can top with any condiments you want, I choose none.
Shhhhh don’t tell anyone I also took a potato pancake out of the freezer it became my giant tater tot.
Are you up to speed on your avocado nutrition knowledge?
This creamy, delicious fruit packs a punch! Read on for the tastiest top five facts about avocado nutrition:
- Avocado nutrition fact #1: Avocados are naturally cholesterol free!
- Avocado nutrition fact #2: When used instead of other fats, avocados can be a satisfying addition to a calorie-reduced diet.
- Avocado nutrition fact #3: The avocado is virtually the only fruit that has heart-healthy monounsaturated fat.
- Avocado nutrition fact #4: Avocados are included in dietary programs from some of the world’s leading nutrition organizations.
- Avocado nutrition fact #5: California Avocados are a nutrient-dense fruit.
As you can see, avocados have more to offer than just great taste! Add California Avocados to your diet today.
- Avocado aka The Alligator Pear (lifehardcore.wordpress.com)
- It’s Avocado Season!! (stevesacooking.com)
- Ingredient Digest: Avocados (purelyelizabeth.wordpress.com)